• Chihuahua saved by vets after eating piece of chicken –  with nail wedged into it!

By Andrew Atkinson

A Chihuahua has been saved by vets after eating a piece of chicken – that had a nail wedged into it.

The dog was on the verge of dying and had just hours to live after the awful incident: “If we see that a dog ingests a sharp object, we must immediately take him to a clinic,” said the veterinary spokesperson.

The dog was rushed to the vets after neighbours in the area of ​​the Acacias Building in Benidorm, warned of the unscrupulous behaviour to placing pieces of chicken or meat with nails to damage the dogs.

“The most frequent symptoms are fever, listlessness, weakness or vomiting a few hours after ingestion.

“Sharp objects often cause a hole in the digestive tract, so act quickly,” they added.

Caption: Chihuahua saved by vets after eating a piece of chicken – with a nail wedged into it.