The Spanish Government has confirmed a number of additional documents for those people who were resident prior to the end of the transition period, that will now be accepted at the borders for anyone wishing to enter into the country.

They include proof of application for a TIE, a padrón certificate (issued by the town hall), a work contract, a rental contract, or proof of property purchase.

The relevant travel authorities (including airlines and ferry operators) have all been made aware of this list which has been expanded as follows:

Residence card issued under Article 18.4 of the Withdrawal Agreement (the TIE – Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjero)

Temporary or permanent EU residence certificate (Certificado de Registro de Ciudadanos de la Unión)

Receipt of application for the TIE (Resgaurdo de presentación de la solicitud de la tarjeta de residencia)

Confirmation of the positive outcome of your residence application (Resolución favorable por la que se concede la tarjeta de residencia)

In the absence of any of the above documents, other documents that credibly evidence your legal residence in Spain before 1 January 2021, such as a padrón certificate (issued by your town hall), a work contract, a rental contract, or proof of property purchase

In the case of students, documentation that demonstrates enrolment in an on-site or in-person course and proof of accommodation

You must also show a valid passport when you travel and comply with the other documentation requirements, such as a negative COVID test within 72 hours of arrival.